This post is going to take some time to develop properly. Here is what to do for those who understand how:
- open a command prompt with administrative privileges
- change directory to where your VLC exe is found
- execute the following command
vlc -I ntservice --ntservice-install --ntservice-extraintf=telnet --telnet-host=126.96.36.199:4212 --telnet-password=12345
- Note: set the ip address to your IP or try 0.0.0.0 if you want to work with all interfaces. Also, the password is required to make the telnet server work so either keep it as 12345 or select your own.
- open a telnet client and connect to TCP port 4212
What is missing? You may need to enter some firewall rules. You may need to set some additional configuration options such as which IP to bind to, the port to use, etc. I’ll try to provide more detailed configuration steps sometime in the future.